Our client a cannabis retailer with multiple locations in the Santa Barbara/Los Angeles area is seeking a Operations Manager reporting to the Chief Operating Officer the Operations Manager will oversee the day-to-day activities of the customer facing operations of the company ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively.
The Operations Manager is responsible for optimizing the retail experience and ensuring seamless operation with tight compliance and inventory controls. This is a heavily people-oriented management role that ensures all store SOPs are carried out in a smooth and disciplined manner. The ideal operations manager will have the ability to wear many hats, and will understand how to perform every position on the operations team. The Operations manager will assist the COO in opening all new retail or delivery locations and will train the manager of new locations for success.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop strategies to achieve each store’s financial, operational and customer-service goals
- Identify under-performing metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business
- Coordinate sales and promotional activities ensuring maximum sales and profit goals, loss prevention, operations, merchandising and employee development
- Plan and execute new location openings and takeovers
- Identify and establish quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Plan, direct, control, implement, evaluate, monitor, and forecast budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives.
- In charge of interviewing, hiring, coordinating, mentoring and disciplining store managers
- Motivate, coach and strengthen Store and Delivery Managers as team leaders, retail operators and business owners.
- Train, coach, and develop direct reports using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Lead, motivate, inspire, and coach employees to create a customer-centric environment resulting in a memorable and positive customer experience
- Promote a culture of teamwork by working alongside the management team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction.
- Lead by example to instill the Company’s culture and values with all team members.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Build a best-in-class operations platform, making processes and procedures more efficient, ensuring the appropriate parties are accountable and trained
- Oversight and management of store merchandising, daily operations, collaboration with marketing, and overall execution of store and company standards
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, cash handling and loss prevention
- Ensure store and team compliance with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the following: Inventory management and reporting, employee reporting, and packaging
- Set and implement standard operating procedures across multi-site retail operations to deliver a consistently exceptional customer experience, build customer loyalty and grow revenue and profitability.
- Improve customer service and satisfaction through policy, staff training and development and procedural changes.
- Monitor staffing levels and other operational aspects to optimize store performance.
- Responsible for communicating regional performance and feedback to Executive Management.
- Create discount strategy that maximizes ROI while never exceeding 5% of revenue per location as discounts
- Create and drives performance marketing metrics including but not limited to ROI, retention rates, customer traffic, promotion performance, conversion rates
Education & Required Skills
- 5+ years of management experience leading a team of 10 or more, including training and coaching, with strong leadership and communication skills
- 3+ years of experience in a regulated cannabis industry
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability with at least 3 years of experience in a customer-facing sales setting
- Able to comprehend basic financial reports and Profit & Loss Statements
- Experience in a multi-unit environment, knowledge of retail industry and delivery operations and financial reporting
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Travel 35%+
Compensation: $70-90,000, plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100