Our client, a vertically integrated Cannabis Brand in Denver Colorado, is seeking an experienced Human Resources Assistant to support various HR functions for the company including recruiting and onboarding, administrative functions, benefits and employee relations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for onboarding new employees including offer letters, employment documents, and benefits enrollment.
- Educate and communicate company policies and procedures to newly hired and current employees.
- Assist with company benefit administration to include enrollment forms, plan questions, claims resolution, and open enrollment.
- Create and maintain complete and confidential files on each employee. Process, verify and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and classifications.
- Establish and maintain department records and reports; recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency and services performed.
- Respond to applicant inquires in-person, over the phone and via email
- Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications and eligibility of applicants.
- Assist in managing workers’ compensation injury claims. File reports with insurance provider, maintain accident information and monitor progress.
- Respond to various information requests from governmental agencies, such as Unemployment, in a timely manner.
- Record and maintain data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, change of statuses, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Answer questions regarding eligibility, salaries, benefits and other pertinent information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred
- Previous Human Resources experience is essential
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Ability to work independently with little supervision required.
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Ability to work within timeframe of standard policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point is essential
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, confidentiality, flexibility, and willingness to work closely as a team.
Compensation: $48 - $50,000 plus Health Benefits, PTO, Paid Holidays, Dispensary Discounts
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100