Please note that this position is being posted on behalf of our client, Skymint!
At SKYMINT, we have one mission and one mission only: to change people's lives for the better.
Change your life. Change the world.
Personal change. Social change. Political change. We want it all, and we’re committed to being trailblazers in the cannabis industry. By creating, developing, distributing, and selling the best cannabis products on the market, and by giving back to support positive change in our communities, we believe we cannot only change our customers’ lives for the better; we believe we can change the world.
At Skymint, we believe access to the best cannabis plants can help you live your best life. So, we grow them right here in Michigan, giving farm-to-stash freshness at the best value around.
We treat our teams like the modern-day cannabis sommeliers they are, giving them the resources, they need to create life-changing experiences for all. Why? Because we’ve seen what happens when happy people make happy plants. We hope you’ll want to be a part of this team!
These employees will be tasked with the duties and responsibilities of physically harvesting plants from designated rooms and prepping them for the drying process. These employees are responsible to properly maintain the quality of the product during the harvesting process and transporting process to prevent any amount of flowers to break off and become extraction product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cut down take plants over to the dry room to be weighed and documented
- Remove all fan leaves from the plants per company operating procedures
- Record the weight of fan leaf waste and weight of plant after removing the fan leaves
- Communicate with the Processing Team and work fluidly to maintain cadence of having plants prepped for the Processing Team to hang the plants for drying in the designated area
- Properly maintain company procedure to ensure the product quality during the harvest process and transporting between rooms
- Must understand and implement the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and laws is appreciated and commendable
- Fundamental knowledge, as well as the ability to be taught and guided in areas related to harvesting, drying, trimming and curing
- Skill in analyzing potential problems with a plant or the product being processed
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of grow warehouse
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail
- Candidate must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Ability to stand, sit and kneel for up to 8 hours a day with the ability to lift heavy object
- Strong attention to details and excellent time-management skills
- Willingness to take direction
- Strong work ethic
- Must have reliable transportation
- Four year college degree; 1-3 years horticultural experience or in a related field
- Experience working in a regulated cannabis cultivation facility