Please note that this position is being posted on behalf of our client, TapRoot!
TapRoot is the foundation of a collaborative ecosystem of world-class thought leaders, creators, and craftsmen within the global cannabis community. We are focused on creating premium products and brands that will redefine the future of cannabis as a pillar of a modern, integrated lifestyle.
We believe in working in partnership with the plant. We use science and technology as a uniting and collaborative force to unlock its full potential while preserving its natural expression. With the highest quality standards and requirements at the forefront, TapRoot Labs was built from the ground up as a cGMP compliant, state-of-the-art facility providing high quality manufacturing without compromise.
The Supply Chain Technician is responsible for the intake of state-compliant product, utilizing the inventory tracking system to receive, track, update inventory and fulfill sales orders to meet customer expectations. The Technician will work with the Supply Chain Manager to develop processes to automate and streamline supply chain functions with strict organization within the warehouse, help to ensure proper inventory, and communicating effectively with the team.
- Keep accurate records of receipts and shipments
- Performs regular inventory audits and cycle counts to reconcile any variances within the inventory tracking system
- Compares inventories to office records such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to verify current inventory
- Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost
- Create and maintain production documents needed for the fulfillment of product purchases
- Utilizes company’s ERP/MRP to prepare reports such as inventory balance, shortages and forecasted procurement needs
- Reconcile company’s inventory tracking database with state’s METRC inventory tracking and compliance system
- Prepares list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items
- Stock and issue materials or merchandise as needed
- Maintain and update inventory records with Inventory Manager
- Report any stock issues to management and work with accounting to place product orders as necessary
- Minimum 2 years working in supply chain management, warehousing or inventory control positions.
- Dependable and reliable
- Inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry, and computer skills required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly growing and dynamic industry in an expanding organization. Open to new ideas and change
- Effective communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background screening
- Associates degree or equivalent education required
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- Previous Cannabis warehousing / distribution experience
- Experience with METRC
- Experience with ERPs, MRPs or similar inventory control systems