The ideal candidate will be well versed in cannabis horticulture and cultivation practices. The Cultivation Manager will be reporting to the Director of Cultivation for daily tasks and workflow. You will be responsible for any tasks the Director of Cultivation may designate as your responsibility. Duties include the compliant oversight of all areas of plant cultivation including propagation, transplanting, feeding, defoliating, canopy management, flushing, trimming, packaging, environmental control, fertigation, maintenance, pest control, waste disposal and inventory management for all plants in the facility.
Cultivation Manager responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Manage the Company’s cultivation facility, which includes cultivation team, all plants, and all systems relating to cultivation and Harvest Department.
- Manage and perform all the tasks in the grow cycle, including seed germination, cloning, transplanting, nutrient schedules, canopy and inventory management.
- Follow and implement Company’s cultivation methodology to ensure high quality flower for Company products.
- Ensure all cultivation related standard operating procedures are up to date and followed, including inventory management, security, preventative maintenance, and cleanliness.
- Ensure that all areas of cultivation are compliant with MA Regulations pertaining to Cultivation. This will include moving plants, green waste management, chemical controls, IPM and the use of METRC; our mandated Seed to Sale software.
- Update and assign daily tasks in TRYM to ensure plant maintenance and general operation of the cultivation areas.
- Routine daily activities required to ensure clones and mother maintenance and general operation of the propagation room to ensure adequate crop production.
- Measure and capture performance metrics and data with respect to mothers, propagation, nutrient runoff test, and other activities.
- Work directly with the Director of Cultivation and Company’s operations team to ensure the quantity, mix and yield of cultivars/strains planted will meet market demand.
- Identify and procure tools, equipment and items needed to implement new techniques and processes.
- Learn and become proficient with operating and maintaining fertigation and environmental control system.
- Develop and implement general cleaning and maintenance logs for cultivation operations such as weekly inspections and cleanings of irrigation filters at the bench, bench drains, cultivation room doors, floors, etc.
- Work to continually lower cost of goods through efficient labor practices as well as proper management of consumables.
- Help the Company hire, train, and lead a cultivation team of employees.
- Minimum of 3 years of cannabis cultivation management of at least 20,000 SF of canopy
- Exceptional people management skills
- Must pass a state background check
- Ability to meet physical demands including reaching, climbing, bending, walking, standing and performing repetitive work
- Comfortable working in conditions that include height, heat and high intensity lighting.
- Capable of working in fast paced environments.
- METRC Experience (preferred)
- Additional duties, as needed
- Ability to work occasional weekends and Holidays
NOTE: This job description may not be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.