Our client, a producer of cannabis products licensed un the ACMPR and C45 programs, is in need of an experienced Financial Business Analyst to join their growing company. The Business Analyst, reporting to the CFO, will conduct market analyses, analyzing product lines and the overall profitability of the business, as well as modelling of potential products and market strategies to help executives make data-driven decisions. In addition, the Business Analyst will develop and monitor data quality metrics and ensure business data and reporting needs are met. Strong technology, analytical and communication skills are must-have traits. This is a full-time, permanent position, based in the company's Mississauga head-office and offering excellent opportunity for advancement.
- Provide financial insights that help the decision-making process, and align capital and resource allocation within the business budget.
- Budgeting and forecasting including running various models incorporating different business priorities
- Financial and operational modelling, planning and monitoring
- Creating detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for the business.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Variance Analysis
- Performing due diligence, analysis on new potential businesses, perform research, prepare and present fulsome report with in-depth analysis including benefits and challenges and provide recommendations to management.
- Creating cost and pricing model to launch new products and provide recommendations.
- Perform analysis to identify cost savings from the existing products.
- Assisting with business case development
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Prioritize requirements and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups
- Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements
- Experience working with senior decision makers in a product company (pharmaceutical or packaged goods is ideal)
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical background
- Advanced Excel and Word skills
- Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Business case development
- Modelling techniques and methods