Our client is a top leader in hemp and cannabis cultivation in the U.S. and looking for a Master Grower to join and manage its greenhouse team.
The Master Grower will manage a one of the largest-scaled greenhouses in the world that will include hemp and CBD cultivation as well as cultivation for herbaceous annuals. This individual will oversee all the tasks in the Greenhouse including cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, inventory management and tracking.
The Ideal candidate will have strong experience managing large-scale production systems (at least 100,000 sq ft or more) and a deep understanding of plant physiology.
Location: Must live in or be willing to relocate to Illinois.
- Perform all grow tasks including but not limited to: cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management.
- Leadership and organization for all activities including training employees, scheduling, and overseeing employee activities for all operations including propagation, planting, cultivating, irrigation, harvesting, product processing, production and record keeping
- Maintain and manage a large-scale greenhouse grow facility in a clean and organized work environment.
- Develop and/or maintain grow warehouse protocols and nutrient regiment.
- Schedule plant maintenance and maintain organization to keep costs down
- Track and catalog each strain from clone to flower to harvesting.
- Execute preventative maintenance to eliminate mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus etc.
- Knowledge and experience with container systems - soil, coco, rockwool, hydro.
- Expert knowledge of temperature, humidity, plant diseases, insects and fungi, and treatment
- Constantly learning about new techniques, individual strains, high yield recipes, controlled stress, lighting and set ups.
- Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as required.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Growing for 5+ years including at least 3 years at commercial operation as Master Grower.
- Expertise and knowledge of large-scale commercial plant grow including nutrient, mediums, lighting, temperature, humidity etc.
- Must understand plant matter and physiology outside of cannabis.
- Must understand environmental control strategies that relate to plant material.
- Expertise and knowledge of plant diseases, insects, fungi and treatments
- Up to date and advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant growing techniques, new strains and genetics
- Well organized and attention to detail is a must
- Bachelor's degree in Horticulture, Science or Botany is preferred
Salary Range: Negotiable Based on Experience
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.