Our client, a multistate cannabis operator, is seeking a Compliance Associate to join their growing corporate team. This role will report to the Director of Compliance and be an integral part of the organizations growth.
- Collaborates with the Compliance and Legal team to ensure compliance with all applicable state, county and municipal laws, ordinances and regulations, including the specific cannabis regulations for that state
- Reviews and interprets state regulations and assists the Director of Compliance in responding to internal and external inquiries
- Serves as subject matter expert on current and prospective state cannabis regulations and provides compliance advice to Company leaders
- Assists in the application process for entering new markets by drafting and editing license applications. and submits applications for registration renewals to maintain state licensures
- Works cross functionally with other teams to draft variance requests and operational deadline extension requests
- Prepares and submits documentation required for regulatory inspections and coordinates the inspection process for internal departments and state regulators
- Drafts and updates Standard Operating Procedures, Operations and Management Plans and Security Plans as needed
- Reviews marketing collateral to ensure compliance with state regulations
- Assists with implementing policies, procedures, and best practices to promote compliance
- Investigates and resolves compliance concerns, issues, or violations
Education and Require Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 1-3years of compliance experience, ideally in the regulated cannabis industry or another regulated industry, such as pharmaceutical, alcohol, gaming, tobacco, or financial services/insurance/lending
- Law firm and/or regulatory experience is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of the cannabis industry is preferred
- Writing sample required
Compensation: $55,000-65,000 Based on Experience
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.