We are currently hiring an Accounting Specialist for a large Cannabis Company in Humboldt County.
The Accounting Specialist works under the general supervision of the Controller, as well as independently on the creation of financial transactions and generating reports for review by the Controller, CFO, Human Resources, and Executive Leadership. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. In addition, the Accounting Specialist is responsible for maintaining the chart of accounts, performing regular reviews and reconciliations, and assisting the Controller with any other necessary tasks.
- Calculate and collect sales, cultivation and excise taxes from customers and remit them to federal/state/local government agencies along with appropriate tax returns
- Maintain the cash on hand fund by managing cash intake and withdrawals
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account, cash account & company credit card
- Prepare & issue financial statements
- Assist Controller with period close including month-end and year-end related activity
- Responsible for booking accounting transactions from the daily activity log pulled from various sources including bank and credit card statements
- Supervise and assist AP/Payroll Rep in their daily tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing and reporting on weekly and monthly cash flows
- Responsible for intaking and reporting revenue as well as reporting any discrepancies
- Work with AR team to conduct monthly reconciliations
- Responsible for cutting checks using company software.
- Review and approve expense reimbursements and credit card purchases on Expensify
- Responsible for submitting wires and electronic funds transfers
- Recording of invoices in company bookkeeping software Maintenance of all vendor files including end of the year storage
- Perform other related duties as requested in a timely manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills and abilities
- Keen attention to detail Strong time management skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while ensuring accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive data and information
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting preferred
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- At least 2 years of experience with bookkeeping systems and related software programs
- Excellent accounting software and administration skills, specifically in Excel
- Access to a personal vehicle
- Working environment located in a warehouse Loud noises Cold and hot temperatures
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.