Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis company in California, is seeking a skilled Controller to join their rapidly growing team.
This hands-on Controller will report directly to the CFO and will be responsible for managing and monitoring all components of the finance department. The Controller will oversee accurate high-level manufacturing accounting, as well as financial analysis, reporting and future projections.
Location: Must be willing to relocate or travel to office in Mendocino County, CA
Job Responsibilities and Description:
- Assist in the building of a compliant and comprehensive accounting control environment necessary for an expanding cannabis product manufacturing environment.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department and subsidiaries, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Standardizing systems and reporting across all regional entities.
- Advise decision-making in regard to benchmarks, negotiations, pricing, capital investments and financial decisions.
- Prepare the budget and adhering to budget by establishing schedules and preparing action plans.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory requirements are being met.
- Consolidation of complex financials
- Maintain and work with existing Cannabis ERP software.
- Ownership of annual financial audits and valuation reports
- Supervise the activities of the accounting department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, payroll and cash control.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Comply with all local and international laws when it comes to finances, taxes and reporting measures.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 7-9 years of progressively responsible supervisory-level accounting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience required
- Manufacturing cost accounting experience (or similar cost accounting) required
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Must have a thorough understanding of financial analysis, reporting, payroll and accounts receivable/payable functions
- Must be comfortable working in a highly regulated industry
- Cash handling and inventory management experience
- Knowledge of IRS Tax Code 280 E preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus
- Must have excellent computer skills; have experience Microsoft Office, Excel and other internal software
- Proven time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Must have a strong work ethic, attention to detail and able to work independently or as a member of a team
Compensation: $100 -$120K plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100