Our client, a multi-state cannabis operator if seeking an Area General Manager for it top dispensary in Southern IL. The Area General Manager is responsible for the management of the entire store operation. The ideal candidate will lead each individual store management team to ensure execution of organizational objectives and initiatives and achievement of store sales and profit goals. The Area General Manager is responsible for customer and employee satisfaction, brand standards, and profitability and will select, develop, and effectively lead a high-performing team.
- Supervises the day-to-day task assignment for and performance of a top producing dispensaries.
- Responsible for driving sales and profitability – Provide leadership to a team of store managers to attain company targets for sales, margin, expenses, employee turnover and overall profitability of each site.
- Ensures a pleasant shopping experience for all customers responds to customer complaints or inquiries and solicits customer feedback and input.
- Responsible for the highest level of brand standards as scored through the Brand Excellence program.
- Manages all matters relating to employees and the station team – recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, and performance management.
- Ensures execution of established safety, environmental, security, quality, station operations policies, procedures, and practices. Responsible for ensuring all new policies are implemented at site level. Conduct audits to ensure compliance.
- Maintain inventory and CASH CONTROLS by consistently enforcing company control policies and hold store employees accountable for results (verified by weekly audit).
- Utilizes back office to analyze results and trends and prepares action plans to leverage the store's strengths and address areas of opportunity. Monitor weekly numbers and explain variances to goals and budget.
- Manages payroll expense by working with the manager to set weekly work schedules (maintain labor and salary targets to budget).
- Responsible for controlling expenses and approving maintenance calls.
- Responsible for the development of future store managers by hiring and developing assistant managers.
- Ensure promotion/ merchandising/pricing standards are being met. Implement promotional initiatives, track results, and teach employees proper up-selling tactics to grow sales.
- Provide assurance that store managers are managing inventory correctly (ordering), rotating stock, keeping shelves full and fresh.
- Responsible for watching surveillance and controlling shrink. Be present at station inventory audits to verify loss report and be prepared to conduct additional category audits from time to time where needed.
Education and Required Skills:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in any field preferred
- Experience or study emphasis in biology, medicine, horticulture, agriculture, business, management, or hospitality
- Minimum of five years combined dispensary, call center, retail, sales, hospitality, or customer service experience
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including experience with web browsers, retail POS systems, and credit card processing terminals.
- High-level critical thinking, attention to detail, mathematical, language, and reasoning skills
- Must be comfortable adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions and decimals, and high-volume cash handling
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Compensation: $80,000 plus bonus and benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100