Our client a cannabis producer is seeking a Post Harvest Manager for their cultivation site near Bay City MI.
The Post-Harvest Manager is responsible for maintaining product quality through the drying, trimming, and testing processes. This position will oversee a team of Post-Harvest Agents in properly handling and trimming product as it becomes available. The Post-Harvest Manager will also serve as the primary interface between the facility and external testing labs to ensure all product is tested and upholds the company’s high standards.
Job Duties & Responsiblities
- Assume responsibility for plants immediately following a harvest
- Accurately and consistently maintain the tracking and movement of each harvest batch via the statewide monitoring system (METRC)
- Oversee drying process, monitor environmental variables and moisture content of product
- Ensure the dry rooms are properly sanitized following transfer to trimming
- Record all cleaning activities in the sanitation log
- Lead the product trimming process to ensure that a high level of quality is maintained while focusing on the efficiency and productivity of the trimming team.
- Make sure that all trimming equipment, including tables, handheld trimmers, and other small items, are properly sterilized before and after trimming activity
- Accurately record the weights of all product as it moves through the process in the statewide monitoring system (METRC)
- Coordinate with Compliance to ensure product is properly batched, sampled and tested
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of plant diseases, insects, and fungi
- Audit product inventory weekly or as necessary
- Oversee and manage disposal of all leftover plant material
Education & Required Skills
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing within the Post Harvest area
- Ability to manage people and provide day to day supervision
- Ability to gather, track and report on agricultural information obtained during harvest tracking and remediation
- Ability to develop and document SOPs
- Ability to document KPI’s
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office
- OSHA, and FDA knowledge a plus
Compensation: $65,000, benefits, PTO, 401K
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100