Our client, a leading international cannabis packaging company, is looking for an exceptional Territory Sales Representative with previous cannabis sales experience to expand their US presence by covering the state of California.
Reporting directly to the VP of Sales, the Territory Sales Representative will be responsible for building a pipeline of direct sales of their cannabis packaging products through new account acquisitions. As your book of business grows, you will be trusted to maintain and grow the company’s existing client portfolio.
Home base in Los Angeles or the San Francisco Bay Area is Preferred.
* Previous sales experience in the cannabis industry is a must.
- Cannabis packaging sales throughout the State of California through the acquisition of new customers within the cannabis industry.
- Work closely with the VP of Sales to track and report progress and customer acquisition.
- Provide direct market feedback of industry trends and collaborate closely with the company’s international sales team.
- Build a healthy book of business with the realistic goal of hitting $1MM in sales your first year.
- Watch top brands as they evolve in the cannabis market and report what packaging material is most popular amongst consumers.
- Increase brand awareness through a variety of means including but not limited to, Social Media, Promotional events, Networking and Trade Show attendance.
- Conduct both in-person prospect visits and inside sales with a special focus on growing your particular sales territory.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of industry trends and perform detailed market analysis (market sizing/segmentation) when requested by management.
- Previous outside sales experience within the cannabis industry is required.
- Solid understanding of the key cannabis brands in your sales territory with direct and deep connections to buyers in the industry.
- Ability to work entirely autonomously. Willing to take conference calls with the International team occasionally at unconventional business hours.
- US based travel throughout the State of California will be required.
- Exceptional people and organizational skills.
- Strong technical acumen with ability to navigate company CRM and various other internal technologies.
- Must be willing to work autonomously and remotely from HQ (no office will be provided).
- 1-3 years of sales experience within the cannabis industry.
- Clear understanding of the cannabis space and the industry trends.
- Active and proficient on a variety of social media platforms.
- Previous cannabis packaging sales experience a big plus!
- Basic understanding of packaging is a plus with an interest in design, branding etc.
- Interest and basic understanding of automation machinery is a plus.
- Team player; ability to work under the American VP of Sales
Compensation: $70-75,000 Base salary plus a competitive commission structure and full health benefits.
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100