Our client is a leading vertically integrated cannabis operator located in the Detroit metropolitan area seeking a Sr. Cost Accountant to join their corporate finance team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the cost accounting of the Finance and Operations teams for their processing and retail activities. Understanding the full supply chain of manufacturing and the accounting principles of manufacturing are a must.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, study, and collect data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor
- Perform daily analysis and processing of manufacturing work orders, inventory tracking and manufacturing variance analysis.
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided to determine effects on cost
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyze audits of costs and prepare reports
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Establish cost accounting systems and maintain cost accounting files
- Assist in month end close of the General Ledger
- Assist with physical inventories and monitor cycle counts, inventory levels, product mix, raw materials, work in progress and reconcile finished goods inventories.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field, Master’s Degree
- CPA or CMA certification preferred
- 5-7+ years experience in cost accounting within CPG or manufacturing
- Cost Accounting a must with US GAAP experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Experience working with or implementing an ERP system is a plus
COMPENSATION: $95,000-105,000 Plus Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTEAM is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100