Our client a top Multi-State Operator based in the New York City area is seeking a new Treasurer to join their team. The Treasurer will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for ensuring the financial strength of the company by overseeing all treasury activities including: capital markets and financing, cash management and forecasting, short-term investing and liquidity management, financial risk management, risk/insurance program management and stock/equity administration.
- Define and develop an optimal capital structure through a comprehensive and actively managed financing strategy.
- Lead fund raising efforts in capital markets through either debt or equity finance, maintain relationships with lenders and investors, credit analysts and credit rating agencies. This includes arranging, negotiating, renewing, and maintaining credit facilities and other key sources of capital to create viable and accessible financing sources.
- Manage Treasury risks including interest rate, duration, foreign exchange, etc.
- Minimizing overall weighted average cost of capital
- Liaise across the organization to forecast cash requirements of the organization and manage short and long term liquidity requirements
- Manage Insurance risks and the overall insurance program with the company’s exclusive broker and by coordinating within the company across all business units and corporate.
- Manage collateral, funding and securitization of company assets.
- Liaise with banks and other capital providers to ensure that the company maintains continuous and flexible access to capital as needed to achieve its objectives.
- Manage the treasury shares, company equity and stock plans and assure compliance of all regulations in response to changing securities laws. Administer the Company Equity / Stock Plans by maintaining and reconciling controls. Responsible for the issuance of all Company shares and payment of dividends as declared by the Board.
- Monitor treasury metrics (except accounting) to ensure Company is always fully compliant with terms and covenants.
- Work with the CFO and other senior leaders to identify, assess and manage enterprise risks.
- Participate in M&A activities as required.
- Reporting – quarterly and annual reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board on Treasury-related activities.
- Work with the CFO to develop an annual budget for the Treasury function.
- Further build out the treasury function including, if required, the recruitment and development of a small team.
Education and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required. One or more of the following is preferred; MBA Finance, CA, CFA or equivalent.
- 10-15 years of relevant finance and treasury experience.
- Cannabis experience preferred given the unique nature of the capital markets and banking requirements/restrictions in the industry.
- Experience with financing arrangements, capital markets, and financial risk management strategies.
- Experience directly or indirectly managing insurance and risk programs
- Previous experience at a similar sized organization preferred.
- Experience as the lead Treasurer in an organization strongly preferred.
- Experience of successfully raising capital in challenging conditions preferred.
- An ability to marry a deep understanding of capital markets and related communities with an in-depth understanding of the company’s business and operations to formulate a compelling financing strategy.
- A willingness and ability to take full ownership of (and accountability) for all facets of Treasury to create meaningful, risk-adjusted returns for the Company.
- Track record of building strong relationships with banking and lending partners.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and innovative in ensuring liquidity, in changing market environments.
Compensation: 165,000-170,000 plus equity, bonus and benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100