Our client is seeking a Purchasing/Inventory Control Coordinator to join their Supply Chain department. The Purchasing/Inventory Control Coordinator performs all aspects of purchasing for the company and is responsible for managing the inventory, distribution and control of those items. The Coordinator must identify the products that are to be purchased, identify the most appropriate supplier for the products, confirm all aspects of pricing, confirm all deliveries and maintain an inventory control database.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Manage the procurement and purchasing of inventory.
- Works with inventory control team to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained based on target stock on hand and current ordering needs.
- Collaborate with Processing and Cultivation Departments.
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure effective product allocation and delivery outcomes to improve inventory turns while driving cost down.
- Resolves any receiving/ inventory/ accounting issues with respective departments, including price discrepancies, negative inventory, credits, and overages.
- Serve as intermediary between vendors and finance in all aspects including the collection of promo-related credits.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in business or other relevant field preferred
- Experience working in the cannabis/agricultural industry is preferred but not required.
- Excellent quantitative and computer skills. Proficient in programs integral to the position (Google Workplace, Google Sheets, Quickbooks Enterprise)
- Excellent negotiation skills and analytical and pricing knowledge with the ability to conduct a comparative analysis and make sound decisions.
- Possess a vast product knowledge of consumable products specific to the cannabis industry along with a willingness to learn.
COMPENSATION: $20 Hourly
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTEMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEMP100