Our client is seeking a Laboratory Director with previous managerial and leadership experience within a cannabis analytical lab for their Holyoke, MA area facility.
The Lab Director will work closely with laboratory employees, including supervisory analysts, laboratory technicians, sample transportation specialists, and sampling intake specialists. The successful candidate will ensure the production of accurate and timely test results to all customers.
This position must work under the current ISO 17025 standards, and will be responsible for all work performed in support of their assigned assay.
*** CANNABIS LAB TESTING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED ***
Job Duties and Responsibilities: Provide clients with world-class customer service, responds to all modes of customer communication with a sense of urgency and helpfulness, records pertinent details, and takes ownership of problems and follows up on required actions.
- Oversee laboratory employees, including supervisory analysts, laboratory technicians, sample transportation specialists, sampling intake specialists.
- Conduct analytical laboratory investigations, experiments and/or research activities, applies statistical techniques to validate methods, analyzes testing data, and prepares a report of findings.
- Add internal standards, prepares quality control samples and conducts other quality control functions.
- Ensure results are reported within timeframes established.
- Complies with and supports continuous improvement of the ISO 17025 accredited laboratory Quality Management System.
- Perform labeling and logging of samples using the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Perform system suitability checks, preventive maintenance, and calibrates analytical instrumentation including GC/FID, GC/MS, LC/MS/MS, ICP-MS, etc;
- Oversee and participates in biological analysis for detection of bacteria and molds on laboratory specimens using a variety of standard microbiological enrichment methods, plate cultures and molecular screens (qPCR).
- Process, organize and summarize data and computerized results of analysis through the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Ensure that all proficiency testing reports are reviewed by the appropriate staff to evaluate the laboratory’s performance and to identify any problems that require corrective action.
- Implement an approved corrective action plan if a proficiency testing result is found to be unacceptable or unsatisfactory.
- Perform special studies in sample preparation, including preparing a report of findings.
- Prepare, sterilize, and conduct quality checks on laboratory equipment.
- Assist in the security and cleanliness of laboratory and equipment.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are established for monitoring laboratory personnel who conduct pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical phases of testing to assure that they are competent and maintain their competency.
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related Chemistry field required. Master’s or PhD a plus.
- Familiar with California State regulations specific to cannabis
- Prior experience in a high volume production facility
- Hands-on experience in regulated food safety, clinical, forensic, environmental, or cannabis analytical laboratories preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and customer support skills
- Must have prior supervisory experience and strong leadership skills
- Extensive experience with HPLC, GC, GC/MS and/or LC/MS/MS instrumentation
- Experience with ISO 17025, or similar certification process
Compensation: $110-125,000 Base Salary plus Benefits.
RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE !
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100