Our client, a successful Cannabis Operator, is seeking a Senior Director of Human Resources. As Senior Director of Human Resources, the ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and direction of the company, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. This is a remote position and will require 25% travel throughout the state of California.
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate and implement policies, processes, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance, and strategy needs.
- Conduct research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for employment related matters
- Monitor and ensure the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Solve complex problems and get to the root cause and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines.
- Mentor and develop managers building skills to lead their people • Manage and lead special projects of strategic importance to the business and HR function
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits globally.
Education and Required Skills:
- A BS/BA degree in human resources or related field preferred. Master’s or law degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of HR experience, with at least five years of executive HR experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems (HRIS).
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and labor relations.
- Experience as an employment lawyer is a plus.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification is highly preferred.
- Cannabis Industry a plus
Compensation: 165,000 plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100