Our client located outside Bay City Michigan is seeking a WEEKEND Assistant Cultivation/Post Harvest Manager. This position will be required to work Saturday and Sunday. Experience as with cultivation, post harvest and the ability to manage is required.
The WEEKEND Assistant Cultivation/Post Harvest Manager will be responsible for helping with oversight of the cultivation facility. This hands on position will be responsible for assisting with daily operations in cultivation including processes and procedures within the propagation, vegetation and flowering phases. The Assistant Cultivation/Post Harvest Managerr will lead and manage employees ensuring that production needs are met, help ensure the Company is in full compliance with all state and local regulations, and that any procedural problems are addressed and resolved. The Assistant Cultivation/Post Harvest Manager will adjust workflow and procedures to increase yields, efficiency and performance.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and adhere to cultivation schedules to ensure plants are healthy and prepared for the flower process.
- Enforce adherence to fertilization, irrigation, and feed schedules.
- Ensure plants are receiving proper illumination, irrigation, nutrients, pruning, pest and disease control.
- Oversee proper techniques related to cultivation; transplanting, pruning, defoliation, watering, feeding, and harvesting.
- Manage plant germination and propagation through cloning efforts.
- Schedule harvest of plants based on cultivation schedule and plant maturation.
- Assume responsibility for plants immediately following a harvest
- Accurately and consistently maintain the tracking and movement of each harvest batch via the statewide monitoring system (METRC)
- Oversee drying process, monitor environmental variables and moisture content of product
- Ensure the dry rooms are properly sanitized following transfer to trimming
- Lead the product trimming process to ensure that a high level of quality is maintained while focusing on the efficiency and productivity of the trimming team.
- Make sure that all trimming equipment, including tables, handheld trimmers, and other small items, are properly sterilized before and after trimming activity
- Accurately record the weights of all product as it moves through the process in the statewide monitoring system (METRC)
- Ensure that product is compliant with all relevant regulations and meets all standards established by the state of Michigan.
- Ensure proper labeling, tagging, and traceability of plants, including plant counts, both physically and in METRC, and correcting plant inventory discrepancies immediately.
- Develop and updated SOPs for cultivation and post-harvest processes, enforcing strict adherence throughout the facility.
- Assist with calculating production yields and determining areas of improvement for each harvest.
- Facilitate and oversee inspections using inventory and compliance audits.
- Conduct investigations when necessary, if inventory does not match production and transfer records.
- Monitor stock of cultivation supplies and equipment and work with Procurement to order supplies.
- Prepare reports summarizing harvest yields and conditions.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory.
- Oversee tracking compliance in METRC.
- Stay current with latest grow solutions and technology. Establish relationships with Suppliers as needed
- Participate in staffing plan for the site
- Participate in hiring new employees in area of responsibility
- Provide Job responsibility and task management for direct reports
- Provide HR management for direct reports
- Track and oversee accuracy of direct reports work vacation, sick hours
- Train one or more person as backup or point of contact
- Follow up from MRA inspections, correcting any issues identified
EDUCATION & REQUIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in plant sciences and/or Agriculture related disciplines preferred
- Minimum 2 years as a cultivator in a large scale cannabis operation required
- Ability to manage people and provide day-to-day supervision
- Ability to gather, track, and report on agricultural information obtained during harvest tracking
- Ability to develop and document SOPs