MPlant Productions is a cannabis products startup in the Northern California area. Our mission is to develop and produce demonstrably better products and brands that deliver outstanding quality, efficacy, reliability and experiences. Our vision is to create the leading trust-marks for cannabis and CBD consumers.
MPlant is seeking a Field Sales Representative to create relationships with retail dispensaries and cannabis Delivery partners and educate budtenders in the Southern California area. This is a 1099 contract position with competitive monthly base pay and commission.
As a Field Sales Representative, your primary focus will be to grow our market presence by selling our products to new accounts. You will be responsible for providing training to stores on our products, setting sales quotas and goals, creating sales plans and driving business development efforts maximizing sales and market penetration while analyzing data and identifying trends.
● Educate budtenders on products, services, and industry
● Track sales efforts and field learnings daily within our CRM tracker
● Gain insight into customer events and implement MPlant programs (marketing campaigns set by marketing team)
● Establish strong relationships / handle all questions, inquiries and orders professionally and promptly with customers through visits, texts, emails, and phone calls
● Promote products by ensuring each customer has the right merchandising displays and products are displayed as prominent as possible
● Meets and exceeds monthly sales quota
● Ensure sales products/customers are marketed properly offline and online
● Tracking sales goals and reporting results as necessary
● Identify competitors and potential threats and report to leadership; Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers
● Locate possible territory growth opportunities
● Working with multiple departments; finance, marketing, production, and inventory on a daily basis ensuring proper planning and execution
● Provide team members and company ideas and insights to improve products, services, and sales
● Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs; assist with contract negotiation
● Assist with the planning of sales exhibits
● Participate in education and training conferences on selling and marketing programs
● Attend events, partnerships and promotional opportunities
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
● Excellent verbal communication & presentation skills
● Resilient, results-oriented
● Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills
● Positive, can-do attitude
● Problem solver that thrives under pressure in a fast pace environment
● Be an excellent role model and representative of MPlant values (below) and its brands
● Have 3+ years history in retail sales (experience within the cannabis Industry a must)
● Experienced with cannabis from a consumer standpoint and supports its benefits
● Ability to travel throughout the Southern California region
● Knowledge of business technology and ability to use (or learn to use) cannabis CRM programs with mastery
● B.A. / B. S. degree
● Valid CA driver’s license (required) and able to pass a driving background check
● State law requires that employees be 21 years old or older
1. Innovation : We care about the growth and integrity of this industry and show that through our relentlessness to bring new and beneficial ideas and partnerships to the table.
2. Principled: We are honest, ethical and fair in all that we do. We keep our promises and own our mistakes.
3. Customer Centric: Putting the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are expected and empowered to bring our best thinking and actions to the table. What we do matters a lot.
4. Entrepreneurial: Be curious. Ask for help and demonstrate the ability to grow. Own and learn from mistakes. Bring joy and optimism to work.
5. Resilient: Road blocks, major setbacks, disappointments are expected. We keep going in the face of adversity by adapting with optimism and determination.
6. Collaborative: Embracing our differences and working towards common goals creates the best results