At Sira Naturals, we focus each and every day on one thing: providing our community with premium cannabis that is sustainably grown and sold with integrity. Founded in Massachusetts in 2013, Sira Naturals blends the art of cannabis cultivation with the science of product manufacturing to provide our communities with world-class cannabis products.
The Cultivation Technician is the backbone of the horticultural process at Sira Naturals. Through responsible care of all plants from initial propagation through harvest, the Cultivation Technician is essential to ensuring the purpose of Sira Cultivation is achieved—a scientific, data-driven and no-nonsense approach to cannabis production. Sira Naturals is dedicated to becoming the foremost provider of sustainably grown premium cannabis products to our communities. Grown with Love.
- Assists in all aspects of cultivation operations including trellising, pruning, spacing and overall canopy management.
- Ensures daily production schedule and goals set by Cultivation Manager/Team Leads are met.
- Completes proper transplanting techniques including substrate mixing, container filling and transplanting.
- Assists in the setup, monitoring and maintenance of irrigation systems and environmental controls.
- Performs plant destruction and plant waste destruction in compliance with Sira Naturals, local and state policies.
- Accountable for accurate tracking and logging of all plants by utilizing the inventory tracking systems in compliance with Sira Naturals, local and state policies.
- Maintains a high level of cleanliness of all Cultivation Equipment, Rooms and areas as well as sanitation practices concerning handling of plants according to Company procedure.
- Assists in fostering a positive work environment, treats everyone with dignity and respect, while perpetuating a curiosity for “everything cannabis”.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong desire to produce a high-quality product.
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement and problem solving.
- Must be 21 years of age or older as required by the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission.
- Able to pass all background checks as mandated by Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Prior experience working in agriculture/horticulture, packing houses, general production/retail greenhouses.
- Familiarity with Good Agricultural Practices/Good Handling Practices (GAP/GHP).
- Experience working in a regulated environment with a regulated and tracked substance.
- Experience working in a trade or in a manufacturing facility.
- Familiarity with WHO Guidelines for Medicinal Crops.
- Experience working with power tools and materials such as PEX, PVC, EMT, etc.
- The person in this position may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree.
- Frequently works in rooms with bright light where eye protection is required.
- Frequently works in rooms with moderate heat and humidity.
- The person in this position is constantly exposed to moderate background noise due to environmental systems, equipment and fans.
- Must be able to work on weekends or alternate shifts.
About Sira Naturals
Sira Naturals, Inc. is a Registered Marijuana Dispensary serving patients from across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. We are dedicated to providing high quality medical cannabis to patients suffering from debilitating medical conditions. We strive to deliver superior service by maintaining a professional environment focused on education and treatment.
Equal opportunity employer
Sira Naturals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.