The Packaging Associate is responsible for packaging plant material and infused products. In this role, maintaining accuracy in weighing product, fulfilling product, labelling, and inventory is paramount. The Packaging Associate is also responsible for maintaining a perpetually clean workspace to provide a sterile environment for production of medical products. This person will also have some responsibility for tracking products electronically on the company's software system to ensure compliance with state laws and program regulations.
- Package infused and plant material into proper containers with proper labeling to ensure compliance with state regulations
- Exhibit competency in basic organizational skills, communication skills and windows based operating software
- Manage time efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing quality product
- Sanitation & cleanup of all processing areas throughout the day
- Assist with the production line
- Load and unload items from machines, carts, and dollies
- Fill and package products for delivery
- Record data
- Must be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by Green Thumb and the state while processing patient medicine
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to perform a monotonous task with great efficiency over 8-hour work periods without losing quality
- Must work well in a group and independently; demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Must pass any and all required pre-employment screenings
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license or state ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
- High School Education or GED required
- 1+ years working in production environment required
- Experience processing medical cannabis or other botanicals highly desirable
- A solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
About Careers in Cannabis
Welcome to the Careers in Cannabis network.
By creating your Careers in Cannabis X Profile™, you take the first step towards finding your next job opportunity – and career step – in the fast-growing cannabis industry.
Built from the ground up for the industry, the Careers in Cannabis platform is designed to make the process of finding your next gig intuitive. Through our matching technology, you can easily assess your personal fit for various skills and roles across the cannabis industry.
Your profile provides immediate access to good local job openings, and you will be notified of new job openings immediately as companies post to CareersinCannabis.com.
You’re harvesting the power of X Profile™ to find your fit and your future gig.
Equal opportunity employer
Careers in Cannabis is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.