Our client, a vertically integrated multistate operator in the cannabis industry , is seeking a Cultivation Supervisor to add to the team in Northern IL. The Cultivation Supervisor will work closely with the Cultivation Manager and the Director in overseeing harvests to ensure maximum efficiency and effective workforce distribution, while maintaining fundamentally solid agricultural and manufacturing practices. This is a great opportunity to join a top Cannabis Company in a leadership role with room for growth.
They will maintain records of harvests and post-harvest packaging, and orchestrate daily tasks within the cultivation department to maintain the standard production schedule as prescribed by the Cultivation Manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and perform standard cannabis cultivation tasks such as watering, pruning, transplanting, organizing plants, preparing grow media, cleaning cultivation areas, and general maintenance.
- Monitor and report on irrigation, HVAC, lighting, CO2, and air circulation equipment functionality.
- Perform daily inspections of each flowering zone and of drying material. Maintain a record of these inspections and report conditions to Cultivation Operations Manager
- Maintain BioTrack records of all activities including, but not limited to: plant moves, harvest, post-harvest processing, and waste production and disposal.
- Maintain the correct level of foliage, and ensure adequate airflow by removing leaves strategically on a daily basis.
- Oversee harvest activities including defoliation, trimming, bud removal, drying, grinding, packaging, cleaning, and waste removal. Ensure that Cultivation Assistants and Farm Hands are assigned jobs where they achieve the highest possible level of efficiency.
- Dispose of waste in accordance with the State Regulations, ensuring that waste has been denatured before leaving the premises and that proper record keeping has occurred.
- Participate in training sessions, educational classes, or attend conferences designed to either improve your skills or your understanding of the regulations.
- Perform preventative maintenance to ensure a contamination free cultivation area.
- Supervisory Responsibilities- This position has supervisory responsibilities overseeing Cultivation Assistants and other farmhands, and are responsible for the health of all plants within their department. They are also responsible for ensuring that all tasks within their department are completed on schedule, and may be required to be on call during nights, holidays, and weekends to provide assistance in the event of an emergency.
- This is a manual labor position which requires heavy lifting and which involves repetitive tasks. This position operates within greenhouses which can reach elevated temperatures. The Cultivation Department operates on weekends and holidays, and standard work hours will apply regardless of day or season.
Education and Required Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree in one of the following fields: horticulture, agriculture, biology, chemistry or other related field preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Desired 2 years of experience in horticulture, botany, or related field preferred
- Skilled in basic computer & office equipment operations (inventory systems, MS Office, etc.)
- Strong Math skills required for inventory, projections, and measurements.
- Ability to read, understand, and abide by all company policies and procedures.
Compensation: 45,000-50,000 plus bonus and benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.