Our client, a Leader in Cannabis distribution and branding throughout California, is seeking an experienced Packaging Development Manager to join their growing team. Reporting to the Marketing and Product Teams, this role will work cross-functionally and play a crucial part in coordinating all aspects of compliant cannabis packaging for product launches and rebrands.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product Team to source packaging for new product development
- Collaborate with creative and product teams on new packaging aesthetic review meetings, branding and elevate risks where needed
- Communicate cross-functionally with design, marketing, product, manufacturing, and supply chain to define needs and refine strategy
- Manage the entire approval process between internal and external partners, and ensure alignment from design to supply chain
- Review packaging specifications from Product and Manufacturing Team to perform fit/form/function testing across new products
- Leverage new and current suppliers to source new materials with a focus on meeting COGS, margin targets, quality, on-time delivery, and towards company sustainability objectives
- Oversee and report packaging timeline updates across assigned projects between relevant departments
- Collaborate and negotiate directly with key packaging vendors and contract manufacturers
- Oversee external vendors and hold them accountable for agreed upon timelines, deliverables and budget
- Minimum of 3 years of marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent degree or experience.
- Experience in product development
- Experience with packaging manufacturing and product manufacturing processes
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills and able to coordinate across multiple teams
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
COMPENSATION: $75 - $105K Based on experience
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200