The Inventory Manager (IM) is responsible for supervising the daily activities involving our inventory of cannabis products and ensuring all activities are compliant with state regulations. The IM works with the Retail Sales Manager and General Manager to maintain a robust variety of cannabis products on the sales floor in adequate quantities, at all times. The IM is responsible for developing efficient and compliant inventory management practices, training the inventory team on effective implementation of these practices and making adjustments as needed to increase efficiency and/or to remain compliant with any amendments that the state may implement.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manages daily operations dealing with inventory, including receiving shipments, preparing products virtually and physically to be sold, making adjustments as needed and supervising the inventory team.
- Monitors all movements of inventory within the facility, investigates any discrepancies and coordinates with Retail Sales Manager and GM to analyze issues and develop policies to prevent future discrepancies.
- Responsible for proper disposal of returned or defective products on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintain compliant policies and procedures that ensure inventory is received and prepared for the sales floor efficiently and accurately.
- Develop and maintain systems to ensure that in store and online menus are consistent in appearance and include a robust variety of products available for sale to our customers.
- Coordinates with Retail Sales Manager and GM to assess sales floor inventory to ensure products are restocked or replaced efficiently.
- Works with other managers in developing & revising a planogram for the sales floor.
- Coordinates with other managers to determine periodic promotions, sales and discounts.
- Coaches inventory team on company policies and procedures and receives feedback regarding potential improvements.
- Maintains professional communication with all employees and managers.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of rules and regulations related to adult use cannabis.
- Performs periodic audits of all cannabis products, as required by state regulations.
- Holds the inventory team accountable for errors and identifies coaching opportunities and areas of improvement.
- Analyzes sales data to identify trends and project future inventory needs.
- Creates work schedules for the inventory team, manages time off requests, and reviews timesheets for approval.
- Coordinates with HR and GM to recruit, hire and train new inventory team members.
- Coordinates with HR and GM to order supplies necessary for proper inventory management.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related concentration, or at least 5 years of experience supervising a team required.
- Previous working experience in cannabis industry required
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the benefits of cannabis use required.
- Fluency with Google Workspace or Microsoft Office, especially Sheets/Excel; knowledge of pivot tables and basic formulas required.
- Outgoing, energetic, and enthusiastic attitude; strong work ethic.
- High attention to detail and discretion when handling monetary transactions.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Adaptable and open-minded when troubleshooting or implementing new systems or procedures.
- Forward-thinking and idea-driven; offers new ideas.
- Ability to function within a cross-platform software environment.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings or late evenings as needed.
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle.
- Must be able to pass a background check in accordance with state regulations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Ability to push and pull large carts filled with products (100 – 200lbs).
- Ability to stand and walk for at least 8 hours at a time.
- Busy retail environment with moderate noise level.
- Indoor environment; some exposure to seasonal temperature changes.
- Loud at times, music, conversations and radio communication constantly.
- High volume work during peak hours, events and holidays.