Our client a large Cannabis Manufacturing Laboratory based in Southern California is seeking an experienced Director of Sales and Marketing for their expanding operations.
The Director of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for the growth of the company’s Sales, Branding and white label manufacturing business by developing and executing a sales strategy, selling to growers and to retail distribution channels in the Cannabis industry.
To be considered, you must be a proven sales leader with the ability to work independently with little oversight. Must have a superior track record of expansion of an early stage in a high-growth cannabis manufacturing company.
- Evaluate, formulate, and drive our go to market sales strategy expanding upon our existing network contacts
- Develop and establish key customer relationships to accelerate sales to retailers, tolling and white label services for brands or growers
- Travel as necessary within Southern California for in-person meetings with customers and prospects to develop key relationships
- Work directly in the field on a regular and ongoing basis
- Develop and implement sales strategy within the Southern California territory in order to maximize sales productivity
- Defines optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success
- Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities
- Design, implement and manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes to establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency
- Develop a marketing strategy to grow in house brand through social media and promotions
- Establish projections and KPI’s for sales team and perform subsequent reviews
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in similar sales role within the cannabis industry
- Recent sales and territory management experience in Southern California with existing book of business and cannabis industry contacts
- Recent experience operating in an early-stage company, with a demonstrated ability to wear multiple hats, respond to evolving demands and react to a constantly changing marketplace
- Proven track record of successfully scaling revenue through multiple stages of company growth, preferably in the Cannabis industry
- Experience building and managing scalable outside sales teams
- Experience implementing CRM systems to manage sales
- Positive attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to be a significant contributor to a fast-moving team
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100