Our client, a vertically integrated, multi state operator is seeking a Packaging Manager to join their team in Massachusetts.
Education & Required Skills:
- Work with team to ensure production quotas are met
- Communicate respectfully with all staff including leadership
- Stay up to date on regulatory and compliance bulletins to make changes to production schedule accordingly
- Follow and maintain department SOPs for weighing, fulfilling, labeling, and storing of product
- Maintain all product is always tracked accurately through METRC system
- Supervise the packaging of plant material and infused products
- Organize and oversee the schedule and work of department
- Order and keep inventory of non-consumable hard goods for production (i.e., vials, cones, boxes, etc.)
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of inventory
- Submit pay-roll biweekly and record necessary time-off/sick-leave requests with HR
- Evaluate and re-evaluate workflow processes to streamline efficiencies regularly
- Ensure staff manages their work efficiently and in accordance with departmental goals
- Uphold quality of finished product through employing attention to detail
- Ability to work 2nd Shift when needed (i.e., Supervisor is out sick or on vacation)
- Knowledge or willingness to learn state specific cannabis laws and regulatory compliance
- Knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly SharePoint, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Possess excellent conflict resolution skills and ability to manage difficult or emotional situations
- Treat people with respect, keep commitments, work with integrity, and uphold organizational values
- Observe and adhere to regulatory, safety and security procedures
- Ensure compliance with all relevant CCC rules, including but not limited to packaging and labeling
- Develop and perform internal audits to monitor activity
- Ensure the packaging area is properly staffed and trained
- Responsible for highest package quality
- Guide coworkers through professional development and write performance reviews
- Guide, challenge and motivate packaging team members to create an efficient cohesive unit
- Exhibit extraordinary organizational, tracking and communication skills
- Manage time efficiently to meet goals
- Responsible for oversight of clean-up of all processing areas and equipment at the end of every day
- Communicate clearly with and adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure, and technique
- Create a positive team environment that produces high volume of packages while meeting and/or exceeding pre-determined goals
- Assign daily tasks to packaging team members
- Perform hourly checks with packaging techs to ensure productivity
- Train new hires and provide real-time feedback to experienced team members on areas of improvement
- Perform quality and weight checks on finished products in accordance with Massachusetts state regulations and Nature’s Remedy internal policies
- Perform METRC tasks on finished batches and packages
- Record and diagnose processing losses
- Run METRC reports and coordinate cycle counts when necessary
- Communicate shortages to Director of Production Operations and Compliance team
- Compose write-ups for disciplinary action when required
- Collaborates with Assistant Packaging Manager/Supervisor to complete shared duties including coverage for peers, production planning/tracking, and employee training
- Work with Quality Assurance Manager for final counts and product check-in to the vault
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent years of experience in packaging management.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Accurate data entry and record keeping.
- Sustain extended periods of light to moderately heavy physical activity and/or standing.
- Proficiency in BioTrack, Microsoft Office and other applicable software applications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Work effectively with others and autonomously.
- Previous Cannabis experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
Compensation: $55 - 65K Depending on Experience
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100