This position reports to the CEO and supports the business by managing the staff with Human
Resource functions as well as Daily Operations.
1. Work in the field with employees and clients to ensure staff is performing according to
policies and contracts. Address attendance issues or low performers asap.
2. Liaison between Client & CEO, able to handle difficult conversations to enforce our policies
or contracts. Have discernment of when it’s appropriate to escalate.
3. Familiar with Cannabis regulations and helping enforce them as they apply to our staff.
4. Strong knowledge of different cannabis strains and densities to be able to grade and train
staff and address any performance or quality issues.
5. We are a paperless environment; this person will work closely with admin assistant to
ensure Employee Files are documented regularly in our HR Cloud system.
6. Assess performance reports to determine employee performance and training needs and
deliver performance reviews.
7. Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits,
schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
8. Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, standards, and programs especially
the bonus structure for trimmers. (Strong math skills a plus)
9. Oversee and create talent acquisition and retention strategies
Human Resource Duties
1. Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit
interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
2. Administration of benefits, leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations;
performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational
health and safety; and training and development
3. Monitor and manage work related injuries. Thorough understanding of Workers Comp
4. Work closely with admin assistant and ADP payroll company to ensure wage garnishments
are executed timely.
5. Respond to EDD (unemployment claims) in a timely manner and retain copies of all
correspondence in employee records
6. Develop, recommend and implement people policies and procedures, including
maintenance of the Employee Handbook, review and provide recommendations for
department-specific policies and procedures ensure compliance with employment law and
knowledge of best practices.
7. Create and implement a full cycle recruitment program including job descriptions, position
8. Prepare or maintain employment records using human resources management system
9. Handles and resolves employee relations issues such as complaints and allegations;
conducting investigations when necessary
10. Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and personnel transactions
such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations
11. Solid working knowledge of Farm Labor Contractor Guidelines & Wage Orders, ADA, FMLA,
CFRA, SDI and Workers’ Compensation, FMLA/CFRA leave tracking and EEOC compliance
We are looking for an experienced leader with 3 or more years working in a California Human
Resources capacity. We prefer that you have previous cannabis industry experience.
A Few More Important Items (not inclusive):
Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent listener
Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Proven success leading a team
Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the company’s HR, work, and talent
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
Ability to identify and solve problems efficiently and quickly
Ability to multi-task and maintain productivity
Positive, flexible team player
Demonstrates a positive view of role of relationship with customers, vendors and
Must be 21 years of age or older