CannabizTEMP is seeking a hardworking and reliable Processing Lead to join our client's team in Lakeville, MA.
The Processing Lead is responsible for the Post-Harvest care and maintenance of the company’s plants from bucking and trimming, all the way to packaging the products. The ideal Processing Lead will possess a strong work ethic and the ability to work well with others as part of a team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate day-to-day processing scheduling with the Director of Processing.
- Assist the Director of Processing with editing, drafting and adherence to processing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist the Director of Processing with monitoring and adjusting daily environmental room settings throughout the curing and drying process.
- Lead a Processing team in post-harvest and/or Packaging production.
- Oversee the daily, weekly, and monthly calibration of processing equipment and technology.
- Perform mechanical and hand bucking, trimming and packaging of cannabis biomass.
- Accurate weighing and labeling of biomass on racks and storage bins.
- Perform drying and curing duties as directed.
- Package cannabis flower by weight
- Assemble and perform packaging for all Cannabis products.
- Print and apply labels to finish packaged product.
- Responsible for light to medium maintenance of automated equipment including cleaning and preventative maintenance.
- Operate, maintain, and clean processing, packaging and labeling equipment.
- Data Entry and record-keeping of all information pertinent to the traceability of medical cannabis.
- Able to work independently as well as operating as a team.
- Follow all site Safety requirements including use of PPE. Safety meetings as required.
- Perform other functions as necessary to provide an adequate supply of products to meet patient demand.
- Conduct counts of packaging/labeling materials.
- Provide feedback to improve process quality and efficiency.
- Adheres to a rigorous production schedule and works to ensure products is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adhere to strict sanitation practices throughout the facility
- Other tasks, as determined by the Director of Processing, to ensure the smooth operation of the facility.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in cultivation, production, packaging or manufacturing
- Attention to detail
- Efficiency - stay focused and on schedule in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds regularly
- Possess a team player mindset and work well with others
- Ability to read and interpret written & oral instructions
- Ability to show up to work with a positive attitude every day
- Prior Cannabis Industry experience a plus
Compensation: $19 hourly
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTEMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEMP200