CannabizTEMP is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be highly motivated, energetic and excited to work as part of a collaborative team within a high growth, start-up environment.
- Full Cycle Accounts Payable - Many different operating businesses in California
- Codes such items as invoices, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Attaches support to all accounting entries
- Manages the general AP email account
- Updates and administers spending authority matrix
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Performs assigned month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Attaches the corresponding purchase orders or other approval to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Reviews and processes expense reports
- Provides weekly disbursements reports
- Exercise integrity and confidentiality in financial reporting
- Provides weekly AP Aging report
- Assist in streamlining and improving the accounts payable process
- Provides daily cash reports
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Performs other duties as required to support Finance Department.
- 2-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Microsoft office suite
- Quickbooks or Epicore or other equivalent system experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
Compensation: DOE $25 -$30 Hourly
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTEMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEMP200