Our client, a multi-state cannabis operator is looking for a Controller to lead all aspects of financial and cost accounting. The ideal candidate will be self-directed and able to work in a highly remote environment. 10% travel will be required to visit different sites in the various states. This is a remote opportunity for someone living in OH, PA, MA, VA.
- Manage monthly closing of financials for multiple manufacturing facilities in various states in accordance with US GAAP and Company policies.
- Supervise an accounting team of at least 5 members and help continue to build and develop a best-in-industry team
- Help design, implement and enforce effective controls (SOX-compliant), accounting processes, systems and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to partner with various departments and effectively deliver results including Corporate Accounting, FP&A, Operations and Internal Audit. The Controller should have an operations focus, tailoring financial reporting to support decision making.
- Develop scalable processes and infrastructure to support a dynamic and growing company
- Review monthly analysis of financial results including variance / bridging analysis in coordination with FP&A and local facility management
- Coordinate and oversee physical inventories and audits of manufacturing facilities; Help design and implement consistent inventory count procedures
- Work with Corporate Accounting in tracking and accounting for fixed asset construction projects
- Partner with credit manager in ensure Accounts Receivables are current while addressing any collection concerns
- Work with FP&A to provide reports and data to manufacturing department heads to assist them in managing their department expenses (including, but not limited to spending reports, operating reports, and variance analyses)
- Oversee cost accounting team to calculate, analyze, and maintain data to determine inventoriable costs; experience with standard costing is a plus
- Review of related balance sheets and related account reconciliations
- Provide financial support on as needed basis to general manager and other facility employees
- Conduct ad hoc analyses and projects
Education and Require Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- CPA and/or CMA
- Lean Six Sigma experience a plus
- ~12 years total professional experience, a portion of which was spent in a National/International public accounting firm and least 5 years in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a publicly traded and/or multi-state organization with at least $500M in revenues
- Agricultural or Cannabis industry experience a big plus
- Experience with larger ERP systems (Sage preferred) and implementation/upgrade of ERP systems
COMPENSATION: $130,000-$145,000 Based on experience
The benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.