Our client, a fast growing company in the cannabis industry, is looking for a sharp, business savvy and well versed HR Professional to join their corporate office in the East Bay.
The Human Resources Manager will report to the Director of Operations, and will be responsible for all HR functions for the company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts full-cycle recruitment for their two main divisions of the company.
- Ability to work on several projects at once, and must have a great sense of business acumen, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills as they work with employees and executive level personnel frequently.
- Handles and resolves employee relations issues such as complaints and allegations; conducting investigations when necessary.
- They must also be strategic thinkers, have knowledge of best practices, and a solid understanding of the workings of HR
- Administers employment processes for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, conducts interviews; new-team member orientations; places advertisements and utilizes HRIS.
- Maintains compliance with all federal and state regulations.
- Assists with unemployment claims, wage garnishments and workers' compensation claims.
- Serve as primary liaison between employees and benefits carrier regarding communications, open enrollment and questions.
- Interprets HR policies and procedures to assist employees with questions about insurance claims, benefits plans and procedures, and HR policies.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Administers and monitors FMLA/LOAs and other compliance issues.
- Conducts leadership/management development training for management team.
- Performs other job-related projects and duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- 2-5 years of HR experience, full-cycle preferred
- Strengths in recruitment, workers comp, employee relations, benefits administration, payroll, pay negotiations, leadership development and recruitment
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong experience with Google Sheets required
- Excellent writing, computer and communication skills
Salary Range: $75-80K Plus Full Health Benefits, PTO and Paid Holidays
If you're a current HR professional and this sounds like the position you've been waiting for, please apply online using the form or follow the link below.
All inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100