Our client, an industry leading Cannabis concentrate products manufacturing company located in Las Vegas, is seeking a General Manager of Production for their facility.
The General Manager will be responsible for working with the production staff to produce finished goods, including vape products, tinctures, concentrates and other infused cannabis products while maintaining safety, strict quality and capacity standards.
To be successful in this position, the General Manager must provide exceptional leadership over all aspects of their state of the art production facility, with the goal to position the company as an industry leader in the cannabis industry, and have deep experience tracking physical inventory, and closing out the books within a high volume shipping and distribution environment.
The GM must be an experienced and strong team leader with excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a production facility and successfully follow the company’s operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the company’s long-term growth and shareholder returns.
- Utilize systems to collect metrics, analyze productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals.
- Review financial reports to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and KPIs, and revise goals and operational plans in real time to meet new objectives.
- Continually keeping well-informed of industry changes. Must have ability to adapt and change with a market in constant flux.
- Assess and guide the Sales Team in strategizing and excelling for sales growth.
- Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Effectively manage the supply chain including raw materials, packaging, finished goods, hardware and software.
- Maintain safe, clean, organized, efficient and compliant facility. Ensures robust facility safety and security procedures are in place and all staff are trained in them.
- Strive to improve company culture, employee work ethic and accountability metrics.
- Assist in hiring/terminating/evaluating/promoting/disciplining and managing of all staff. Build, motivate, train and lead a high performing team through strong and dynamic leadership.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Communicate effectively with the Human Resources and Payroll Departments
- Ensure that facility is properly staffed to maximize production capacity to meet ever-increasing demand.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or comparable Degree is preferred.
- 3-5+ years of related work experience, including 3 years of supervisory or management experience, in this or relevant/related field is required.
- Knowledge of cannabis extraction, refining, distillation, filling, packaging, attention to details and other lab processes needed to produce finished goods.
- Superior supply chain management experience, including bulk and packaged consumable products, as well as packaging supplies and inventory.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution, by examining and re-engineering operations and procedures.
- Experience in formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and interact with all staff effectively, with strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Pass all required background checks and obtain cannabis work cards with the State of NV, and remain compliant with all cannabis regulations
- Knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State Cannabis regulations, safety practices, and all applicable safety standards in the cannabis production industry.
- Experience in working with inventory management software, including METRC and other cannabis industry tracking
Compensation: $85-95K+ Salary (Based on Experience) plus health benefits, Paid time off, and product discounts
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100