Our client is seeking a Director of Retail Operations for their growing Cannabis company in Illinois. This person will be responsible for the development and overall management of multiple locations of the company’s retail dispensaries and field operations teams.
This role will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of initiatives relative to the strategic direction of the organization via the company's retail dispensaries.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the store workforce management team to drive efficiencies in store scheduling, payroll forecasting, reporting and administration of incentive programs.
- Partner with the finance and accounting department to analyze store incentive programs to recommend changes that will drive top line growth and/or expense savings.
- Create a consistent in-store experience for customers across all retail operations; work with operations leaders to ensure store experience meets expectations consistently
- Primary liaison between the executive management team and store leaders to ensure that all information is communicated in a timely, consistent and brand appropriate manner.
- Develop retail policies and procedures with the human resources team, and incorporate into daily operations.
- Ensure dispensaries operate in full compliance with all local, state and federal laws with Pennsylvania.
- Coordinate with Operations team on inventory supply including necessary transportation and logistics to and from retail locations
- Recruit and develop Dispensary Management across all locations
- Create all retail KPIs and work with each Dispensary Manager to meet and exceed
- Monitor each retail store’s inventory, staffing, and other operational aspects to optimize store performance
- Responsible for communicating regional performance and feedback to the VP of Retail.
- Manage store opening, expansion, relocation and processes to ensure consistent execution.
- Partner with the finance and accounting department to manage store expenses and drive cost savings.
- Stay informed of new technology and cannabis industry initiatives to drive innovation and efficiency within stores.
- Partner with the Human Resources department to support training tools and new hire onboarding process to enhance customer experience and increase store productivity.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 8+ years of retail and operational experience, specifically in field operations, workforce management and communications
- Retail operations experience in the Cannabis industry a plus
- Must be a collaborative team player who can both nurture and develop retail management
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills to successfully implement strategic initiatives from initial idea through execution
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, critical-thinking, and presentation skills; including the ability to provide written and verbal direction effectively
Compensation: $150K plus full benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100