Our client, a family owned, Illinois based, craft Cannabis cultivation company, is seeking a Director of Cultivation to spearhead the Cultivation department and oversee all operations.
The Director of Cultivation will report directly to the founders of the company and will be responsible for the retrofit and design of a 29k sq ft facility. Responsibilities will also include but not be limited to the creation of SOP's and Policies for operations, purchasing all necessary equipment for facility within budget, implementation of software systems, recruiting and training entire cultivation staff, and oversee the maintenance and daily operations of the cultivation facility.
JOB DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight of retrofit and design of a 29k sq ft Cannabis cultivation facility
- Management of day to day operations from seed to harvest once facility is fully operational
- Oversight of all post harvest activities
- Implementation of state track and trace software (METRC): including plant tagging and tracking, waste tracking, nutrient and crop inputs, harvest entry, and harvest batch tracking
- Creation of SOP's and Policies
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training and scheduling staff through all processes including cloning, transplanting, topping, defoliating, trimming, harvesting, etc.
- Develop and maintain grow protocols and nutrient regiments
- Schedule plant maintenance and maintain organization to keep costs down
- Implement IPM regimens and execute preventative maintenance to eliminate mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats etc.
- Follow strict standards related to the grow operations and will be responsible for KPI Reporting and monitoring on a regular basis.
- Assuring all cannabis products are free from contamination risk at all stages; from propagation to harvest
- Monitoring for quality control to ensure process and product quality in line with company standards
- Collaboratively creating and constantly refining standard work procedures towards the highest quality plant output
- Managing logistics of the cultivation team including, scheduling, task management and assignment, productivity tracking and workflow optimization, and inter-department communication to meet inventory needs
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Degree in Horticulture or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years as a Head Grower in a Commercial Indoor Operation.
- Experience with cannabis track-and-trace software such as BioTrack, MJ Freeway, or METRC is required.
- Strong computer and documentation skills is required
- Must be a strong leader with an acute business sense
- Proven experience designing Cultivation facilities from the ground up
- Efficient cultivation/production work ethic with application of problem-solving skills to overcome daily cultivation/production issues.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment processes and options.
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow company policies and contribute towards the goal of achieving production targets within set timelines.
Compensation: $120,000 - $140,000
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100