Our client, a cannabis distributor, is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their company temporarily and will be responsible for directing and efficient utilization of AR and AP team, maintaining general ledger, and financial statements and monthly/quarterly account reconciliations.
The Accounting Manager is a key member of the company leadership team. Under the direction of the Managing Director, The Accounting Manager is responsible for accounting activities in alignment with corporate policies and practices.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, G/L, Inventory/Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Manage month-end closing and prepare monthly financial statements and other operational reports.
- Analyze variances and communicate explanations to management with recommended Must work across organizational boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, state or corporate objectives.
- Integrates and trains new staff while leading the continued professional development of the existing team.
- Share best practices across the global finance team, e.g. process improvements, financial modeling and procedures changes.
- Provide proactive/unsolicited consultation, interpretation and education of complex financial and operational matters to various departmental leaders used to drive business decisions.
- Collaborate with General Manager, FP&A, and senior management to explain results, make improvements, manage projects, identify inefficiencies, understand operations and lead the development of complex analysis
- Monitor and implement internal controls (in conjunction with corporate policies) as necessary to ensure reporting integrity, safeguard company assets and identify risks.
- Ensure proper accounting in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Internal Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), as well as local statutory requirements.
- Estimate product costs to support quoting activities.
Required Education and Experience
- CPA Strongly Preferred
- At least 5+ years experience in a similar accounting leadership position.
- Proficiency with financial statement analysis and projection.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Cost accounting experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Office and various financial software.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in handling multiple concurrent tasks and meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries from the business.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, public groups, peers and staff.
- May be asked to travel for corporate finance forums or site-specific events.
- Excellent communication skills, internally and with clients.
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues, clients, and staff in charge.
- Must demonstrate the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and character and promote ethical business behavior throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of and sensitivity toward a wide range of cultural and personal differences.
- Must be a team player and act cooperatively with the business.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to reach a common goal.
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEMP200