A Dispensary Associate engages in one-on-one interaction with patients from the time they enter the retail area until they check out and exit the store. The ideal candidate should be friendly and upbeat, and passionate and knowledgeable about the benefits of Cannabis medicine. Dispensary Associates are critical roles for a cannabis company, as they connect each unique customer with just the right product and method of consumption for their needs and are responsible for educating patients on the benefits and potential side effects of medication.
The main responsibilities of a Dispensary Associate include:
- Assist patients in a customer-facing, intimate retail environment
- Utilize product and consumption-method knowledge to successfully recommend a safe and effective regimen suited to each patient’s specific needs
- Ensure sales floor is properly stocked and presence of the store is well maintained
- Own responsibility for remaining up-to-date with product knowledge
- Play an active part in patient education on products, methods of consumption, and safety as part of patient interaction
- Coordinate return and exchanges in accordance with company policy
- Print return/exchange forms for all stations and delivery
- Utilize POS system to review inventory, checkout customers, and conduct returns and exchanges
- Provide necessary support to management team to ensure retail store operations run smoothly, properly and in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations, including: daily activities, maintenance, and patient information for any reported issues and/or complaints
- Promote a work environment that is positive, communicative, patient-oriented, and compliant
- Consistent demonstration of excellent customer service skills
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Desire to continuously learn (more) about cannabis, cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system
- Ability to listen well and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with various audiences
- 1+ year of customer service experience; preference for candidates with specialty, customer-facing retail experience
- Previous experience with POS systems
- Understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures
About Careers in Cannabis
Welcome to the Careers in Cannabis network.
By creating your Careers in Cannabis X Profile, you take the first step towards finding your next job opportunity – and career step – in the fast-growing cannabis industry.
Built from the ground up for the industry, the Careers in Cannabis platform is designed to make the process of finding your next gig intuitive. Through our matching technology, you can easily assess your personal fit for various skills and roles across the cannabis industry.
Your profile provides immediate access to good local job openings, and you will be notified of new job openings immediately as companies post to CareersinCannabis.com.
You’re harvesting the power of X Profile to find your fit and your future gig.
Equal opportunity employer
Careers in Cannabis is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.