We are looking for an experienced Regional Manager to lead and oversee our growing retail footprint in the state of Michigan. In this role, you will lead a portfolio of stores and coach a team of Store Managers to deliver an optimal customer and employee experience, operational excellence, merchandising execution, maximum productivity and profitable sales and earnings growth. You are accountable to drive consistent, high performance across all initiatives, and for ensuring consistency amongst your stores.
The ideal candidate has a strong retail background, complete with a knowledge of evolving trends in retail and localized market knowledge. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience in building a high-performing retail teams and working with senior-level executives to both develop and execute effective retail strategies. Our Regional Manager, Michigan Retail will report directly to the COO and will oversee the operations of multiple store locations.
While a 45-hour week is standard, project deadlines may require additional hours. Frequent regional travel among corporate facilities will be required.
- Attract, hire, and retain the best team to meet the Company’s business goals
- Foster and maintain an inclusive and collaborative work environment
- Guide, train and manage store management
- Prepare performance reports for presentation to upper Management
- Identify themes in product performance across your portfolio and create a district merchandising plan to maximize store performance.
- Lead effective store visits focused on driving behaviors which enable the team to consistently deliver results in all areas of the business.
- Oversee inventory levels and facilitate purchasing.
- Manage inventory and compliance audits and report discrepancies to management and METRC.
- Stay current and adhere to LARA and municipal regulations.
- Communicate internal policy and state regulation changes and update SOPs.
- Identify and use multiple ways to achieve goals when confronted with obstacles; plan for contingencies.
- Maintain a keen awareness of the local markets and competition
- Ensure that all branches follow safety, health and business laws and regulations
- Uphold company standards of excellence and service, guaranteeing quality performance
- Collaborate with marketing team for the planning of large events
- Development and tracking of departmental budget
- Proven work experience as a Retail Director, Retail Manager, or strong store management
- College degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build merchandising capability and coach to sustain merchant strength in stores
- Demonstrated ability to build diverse, high performing teams with an inclusive environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver an exceptional customer experience via all channels
- Demonstrated ability to continually embrace challenges, take risks, learn fast and enable change.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve beyond what is expected, and take actions or use improvements or learnings to exceed existing goals.
- 3+ year’s multi-unit, high volume, complex business leadership preferred.
- Flexible to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to travel overnight and/or between stores as required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of company policy, goals and standards
- Cannabis and/or consumer products industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Possess valid driver’s license or state ID.
- Must pass all background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- The ability to be successful in a fast-paced, startup environment.
Sozo is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.
Sozo is committed to modeling diversity and inclusion for the entire cannabis industry, and to maintaining an inclusive environment that provides for equitable treatment for all.