Our client is seeking a Senior Microbiologist PCR Analyst with substantial real time PCR, microbiology and molecular biology experience for their Santa Barbara County cannabis analytical testing laboratory.
This Analyst will work closely with the Lab Director to execute sample microbial analysis for our cannabis testing clients using rt PCR instrumentation and techniques. Additionally, this Analyst will develop and perform assays for plant viral testing, early gender determination and other applications.
This position must work under the current ISO 17025 standards and CA cannabis regulations and will be responsible for all work performed in support of their assigned assays.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine analysis of samples using analytical procedures for which training has occurred.
- Participate in OOS & CAPA reports, as assigned.
- Must be able to obtain traceable, reproducible, and reliable results with limited supervision.
- Scientific writing for reporting, data management reporting, and ability to follow standard operating procedures is a must.
- Full training, proficiency and operation of the lab designated LIMS system for client samples
- Routine and non-routine equipment maintenance of instruments and workspaces.
- Successful completion of proficiency testing samples and initial demonstration of capability to demonstrate competence as required for certifications and client requests.
- Participate in the revision of existing procedures and the drafting of new procedures under the supervision of the Laboratory Director and Quality Manager.
- Assist the Laboratory Director and Quality Manager with state and local licensing requirements pre- and post-approval
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Microbiology, or related field required. Master’s or Ph.D. degree preferred.
- Ability to carry out and eventually manage others for the analytical PCR microbiology and molecular testing processes.
- Experience with analytical microbiology techniques including, but not limited to real time PCR, culturing, plating, and counting microbial species.
- Strong instrument and assay troubleshooting skills. Method development work in different cannabis matrices and growth conditions is a plus
- Experience in the California Cannabis and Hemp Industry with the state required microbial targets and regulations is a plus
- Proficient with current computer systems including Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask and work well in a team environment
- Knowledge and experience with cannabis analytical chemistry techniques and testing is an advantage
- ISO 17025 experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to help train and supervise junior staff in areas of expertise.
Salary: $70,000/year - $75,000/year
Other benefits include: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
If this sounds like the cannabis industry position you have been waiting for, please apply online - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200