Our client is seeking a Director of Accounting to lead the accounting activities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for their vertically-integrated multiple entity enterprise.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Director of Accounting will serve an important financial management role with the organization, interfacing with senior management, collaborating with all departments, and leading the accounting team.
The Director of Accounting position requires strong GAAP accounting knowledge, and will provide leadership over all general accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, balance sheet, daily and monthly reconciliation, and cash flow forecasting in accordance with internal and external controls, regulations and standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily management of the accounting team members ensuring compliance with US GAAP accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly close and financial statements, as well as prepare supporting documents for monthly and annual compliance audits
- Prepare journal entries as part of monthly transaction and closing process
- Contribute to SOX implementation effort including supporting walk-throughs, developing and supporting policies, procedures and maintaining internal controls
- Analyze accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory costs, and internal controls to provide management reporting in the area
- Assist in the preparation of federal, state and local tax filings and lead the communication with the external audit team.
- Supporting and supervising accounting staff effort in daily and monthly transaction processing;
- Account reconciliations and support schedules as part of month end close
- Developing ad hoc financial analysis, and weekly cash flow reports
- Assists in accounts receivable collections
- Assists is preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Assists in preparation of 10K and 10Q SEC filings
- Assist in the cash management process, and perform other duties as requested.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- CPA designation is preferred
- 7+ years of related public and private work experience
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, QuickBooks accounting software and databases
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills, friendly personality and team building leadership skills
- Public company experience with SOX is preferred
- Cannabis experience a plus but not required
Compensation: $140-150K Base Salary plus benefits, depending on experience.
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply now - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability. TEAM100