Our Client, a vertically integrated cultivation and retail cannabis company in Colorado, is seeking a highly experienced and strategic CFO for their organization.
As a true business partner to the executive team, the CFO will assist in managing all aspects of the finance and accounting function for the company’s three business units.
In addition, the CFO will assist with executing the company strategy, raising capital, building out the finance team, developing financial forecasts, handling detailed financial reporting, as well as develop tools and systems to provide critical analytical financial and operational information to the CEO.
- Assume full responsibility for managing the company’s financial functions, including building out and overseeing the accounting team and producing timely and accurate financial reports to the executive management team.
- Manage outsourced functions that touch finance including coordination with external accountants, auditors, state regulatory bodies, banking personnel and insurance providers
- Assist the CEO in raising capital in the private and public markets by speaking on the company's business model and financial model to institutional investors and analysts.
- Analyze acquisition targets, joint ventures and strategic investments.
- Assist in building financial models around each of these relationships and work with legal to craft beneficial contracts.
- Represent the Company and future financial performance to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Develop and lead financial strategy, goals and objectives for fast growing business lines in three subsidiaries.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Weekly cash flow forecast
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (accounting team, auditors, investment advisors)
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical). Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., new product lines, new formulations, etc.)
- Engage with the Executive Management team re finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed. Manage cash flow providing short and long-term cash flow planning.
- Oversee cash, investment, and treasury and asset management effectively
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial statements
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of Finance and Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong cost accounting and product pricing knowledge preferred
- IRS Code 280e tax accounting experience a plus
- Experience presenting to investors and raising capital
- Experience in both traditional as well as entrepreneurial companies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence, leadership ability, team management, and effective communication skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills
- Extremely well organized, data driven and comfort managing multiple projects/ stakeholders
Compensation: $150-175K+ bonus and health insurance reimbursement
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM400