Retail Specialists (aka Budtender) are the first and most important relationship our customers have. They are the ones delivering the Skymint Experience by creating connections, treating people with authentic kindness and courtesy, providing recommendations, and listening. Specialists succeed through living our service philosophy and being a driver, a brand ambassador, empathetic, inclusive, and action-oriented!
· Drive sales and customer engagement by maintaining a high level of product knowledge expertise.
· Provide extraordinary customer service by recommending and helping customers with their cannabis and merchandise selections or while completing their cash transactions.
· Communicate knowledge of current promotions, policies regarding payment, safety, or security practices.
· Ensure maintenance of product presentation to brand standards and signage.
· Support in organizing the sales floor, cash wrap, reception area, and all non-selling areas
What we are looking for
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require day/evening and weekend shifts.
· Positive interpersonal skills with a positive and engaging attitude while communicating with customers and other store employees
· High school graduate/equivalent required.
· 1+ years retail, budtender, hospitality, cashier, or customer service experience preferred.
· Cannabis knowledge preferred.
· Ability to maneuver around the sales floor, cash wrap, and back of house areas for up to 8 hours a day.
· Ability to operate the register (cash handling) and merchandise product.
· Experience using technology applicable to the position and access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities.
· Ability to pass a background check prior to hire.
· Ability to lift to 30 pounds and moderate climbing required.
© Competitive compensation
© Paid Time Off (PTO)
© Generous store discounts
© 401(k) with matching
© Career development, cannabis industry knowledge, and cannabis product education & a fun place to work!
Change the world with us!
Skymint Brands offer exciting and unique cannabis career opportunities across the state of Michigan in our retail stores, cannabis production facilities, and at our HQ office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to career growth and employee investment in an environment that values drive leadership, inclusion, and teamwork.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. The benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered; eligibility for certain benefits apply.
Salary$15 - $15 USD per hour
At SKYMINT, we have one mission and one mission only: to change people's lives for the better.
Change your life. Change the world.
Personal change. Social change. Political change. We want it all, and we’re committed to being trailblazers in the cannabis industry. By creating, developing, distributing, and selling the best cannabis products on the market, and by giving back to support positive change in our communities, we believe we cannot only change our customers’ lives for the better; we believe we can change the world.
At Skymint, we believe access to the best cannabis plants can help you live your best life. So, we grow them right here in Michigan, giving farm-to-stash freshness at the best value around.
We treat our teams like the modern-day cannabis sommeliers they are, giving them the resources, they need to create life-changing experiences for all. Why? Because we’ve seen what happens when happy people make happy plants. We hope you’ll want to be a part of this team!
Equal opportunity employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other federally, state and/or locally protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of a background check, a possible job-related drug test (excluding cannabis), and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.