Breakwater Treatment & Wellness is a licensed dispensary and grow facility in New Jersey. We grow the high quality, craft cannabis at scale and our team of Growers is crucial in delivery quality products to our patients. We are seeking a passionate, determined, detail-oriented, process-minded individual to assist in the production of our plants. This person must be willing to work long hours and be at the beck and call of our crops. They have to have a high degree of attention to detail, be able to spot problems, and work collaboratively with our team of growers to ensure those problems are addressed quickly and satisfactorily. In addition, this person must be comfortable executing routine tasks consistently, while always identifying ways to iterate our processes to achieve better results. This individual must also be humble and cautious, always being wary of what they don’t know and then working hard to close gaps in knowledge.
Job responsibilities include all aspects of indoor cannabis cultivation including, but not limited to:
- Feed, water, prune and manipulate production plants
- Evaluate health of plants and communicate both good and bad
- Follow an annual grow schedule while adjusting for changes
- Diligently keep equipment, irrigation system, tools, and area of operation clean and in functioning order
- Assist in non-assigned grow room duties when needed
- Execute foliar spray applications and drenches
- Maintain detailed logs of grow room actions
- Measure and mix nutrients stock tanks
- Input data and tag plants utilizing compliance reporting software
- Ensure compliance with local state and federal licensing requirements
- Consistently follow and execute cultural practices to a high standard
- Identify and propose process improvements to managers using data and logic
- Implement and execute best in class IPM procedures
- A degree in Horticulture, Plant Science or a related physical science degree
- Ability to precisely follow directions and work closely with the grow schedule
- Willing to rotate weekends and holiday shifts
- Self-motivated, self-starting, able to work without direct supervision and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Familiarity with Argus or other commercial greenhouse control systems
- High level of attention to detail, familiarity with plant diseases and pests and a keen eye when scouting
- Ability to lift heavy loads continuously (50 lbs) and be standing for extended periods
- A basic computer proficiency, including Excel and Google Sheets
- A valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and multitask
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and take initiative
- 21+ ability to clear a state conducted background check
- Enthusiasm and a passion for growing cannabis!
- 3-5 years of direct experience with commercial horticulture cultivation using soil / soilless media
- Experience with tissue culture is a plus
- Experience working in a regulated cannabis cultivation facility is not required, but is a plus
Breakwater Treatment & Wellness is New Jersey's most trusted source for premium cannabis. We grow, produce, and dispense the highest quality cannabis and extracted cannabis products available in New Jersey. We cater to new patients and connoisseurs alike by focusing on quality genetics, producing a wide-range of products, and educating consumers at whatever level of experience they happen to be.
Since 2015, we’ve used our custom growing environments and cultivation techniques to bring to market a carefully curated list of premium cannabis varieties specifically chosen to provide a wide range of therapeutic effects. Our existing, vertically-integrated facility in Cranbury, NJ will soon be joined by an additional cannabis cultivation site and multiple dispensaries throughout the Garden State.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts
- Paid Time Off and Sick Leave
- Employee Discount
Equal opportunity employer
Breakwater is an Equal Opportunity Employer.